Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
Concerns about brutal work schedules and energy drinks are arising after the death of a young advertising copywriter over the weekend.
Mita Diran, 24, collapsed Saturday soon after tweeting, "30 hours of working and still going strooong." Diran died Sunday.
Diran worked for the branch of Young & Rubicam advertising agency in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The exact cause of Diran's death is not clear, however, local media reports cite a combination of her long hours and consumption of energy drinks.
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos