Stage set for 2014 Super Bowl commercials
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There's a good chance people who tune into the Super Bowl may not necessarily be watching for the game, but for the commercials; because the Super Bowl is also the championship game of the advertising world.
Memorable ads include the 1984 Apple Macintosh commercial, the memorable Master Lock commercial and the Budweiser frogs.
At $4 million for just 30 seconds, the sheer expense of buying a Super Bowl ad can buy a company instant credibility.
television, super bowl, apple, arnold schwarzenegger, business, jonathan bloom
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos