Stage set for 2014 Super Bowl commercials
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There's a good chance people who tune into the Super Bowl may not necessarily be watching for the game, but for the commercials; because the Super Bowl is also the championship game of the advertising world.
Memorable ads include the 1984 Apple Macintosh commercial, the memorable Master Lock commercial and the Budweiser frogs.
At $4 million for just 30 seconds, the sheer expense of buying a Super Bowl ad can buy a company instant credibility.
television, super bowl, apple, arnold schwarzenegger, business, jonathan bloom
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos