Washington bar sparks outrage with 'Date Grape' drink
The owner of a bar in Spokane, Washington is dismissing the public outrage over the name of a drink he's selling.
The club called "The Daiquiri Factory" is offering a beverage named "Date Grape Kool-Aid." Community members don't like the name because it sounds too much like "date rape" and they're urging people to boycott the bar until it changes the name.
One protester has even created a Facebook page demanding a name change. "I don't want to shut these guys down. I just want to point out that they're handling a sensitive subject badly and hopefully change some hearts and minds," Scott Kusel said.
The bar owner also used Facebook to get his message across -- that he isn't going to change the name. He posted a message saying, "Date Grape is selling out."
food, protest, facebook, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire