Union Square Apple store will have walls of glass
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An Apple representative told the San Francisco Planning Commission its flagship store in the heart of Union Square will have walls of glass.
The planned design will have more glass than Apple's iconic glass cube store in New York.
The store on Post and Stockton streets will feature 44-foot high sliding glass doors and a complex steel frame.
And the company's new design, will keep the fountain created by the late San Francisco artist Ruth Asawa, but moves it a few feet north.
apple, silicon valley, union square, art, construction, business
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 59 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 56 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos