North Dakota has nation's highest rent
If you've looked for an apartment lately, you've probably noticed rents are high in the Bay Area, but they're not the highest in America.
A one-bedroom apartment costs almost $2,400 a month in the oil boomtown of Williston, North Dakota. The area has seen its population double in four years, because of fracking.
San Jose, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara rank second at $1,881 per month. San Francisco, Oakland and Fremont took third at $1,776 per month. Dickinson, North Dakota and Key West, Florida round out the top five, priciest markets in the survey, conducted by Apartment Guide.
oakland, san jose, new york, business
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 57 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 54 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos