Nike's 'Back to the Future' shoe becomes reality
BEAVERTON, Ore. (KGO) -- Nike is working on a new shoe that's straight out of the movies. The company is planning to make self-lacing shoes, similar to the ones seen in the 80's film "Back to the Future Part II."
The movie was set in the year 2015 and that's when Nike's real-life self-lacing shoes are set to come out.
In the movie, the shoes were called Nike Mags, though it's still unclear if Nike plans to use that name for its new sneakers.
movies, shopping, business
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 11 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 39 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 43 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
7 min ago