Target stores to open earlier on Thanksgiving Day
The discount retailer Target has announced its stores will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day for an extended Black Friday. The stores will not close until 11 p.m. the following day.
This is one hour earlier than last year's opening time. Target will also offer hundreds of deals online Thanksgiving morning.
Executives say the earlier opening time fits the current competitive landscape and shopper sentiment.
target, thanksgiving, black friday, shopping, consumer news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 54 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 20 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 33 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter 2 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 54 min ago
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
54 min ago