Target recalling 350,000 storage trunks
Target is recalling 350,000 storage trunks because the lids can close very quickly when released.
Two children have been injured when the trunk unexpectedly closed on them. One toddler suffered brain damage when the lid pinned her by the throat.
The trunks are made in China and the Philippines of woven rattan, abaca or banana leaf, and were sold at Target between February 2009 and April of this year.
Target says it will replace the trunk or refund the purchase price.
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday