Honda adds more cars to airbag recall list
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Honda added more vehicles to an existing recall to fix a potentially deadly airbag defect.
The recall covers Honda Accords, Civics, Odyssey minivans, CRVs and Pilots and many Acura models built in 2001 and 2002.
Owners should receive recall notices within the next few days. Honda has even asked its dealers not to sell used cars until they're free of the problem.
At least one person has died and 12 others have been hurt when pieces of metal fly out of the airbag area when they deploy.
Thursday's announcement adds 272,000 cars to Honda's initial recall of more than 600,000 vehicles.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 20 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos