Black licorice twists recalled due to lead
The American Licorice Company of Union City is recalling 16 oz. bags of its Red Vines Black Licorice Twists due to elevated levels of lead.
The 16 oz. bag is red and white in color with a window in the package to display the black licorice twists.
The packages being recalled have a "best before date" of 020413.
Pregnant women and parents of children who may have eaten this candy should consult their physician or health care provider.
food, product recalls, recalls
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos