Black licorice twists recalled due to lead
The American Licorice Company of Union City is recalling 16 oz. bags of its Red Vines Black Licorice Twists due to elevated levels of lead.
The 16 oz. bag is red and white in color with a window in the package to display the black licorice twists.
The packages being recalled have a "best before date" of 020413.
Pregnant women and parents of children who may have eaten this candy should consult their physician or health care provider.
food, product recalls, recalls
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday