Recalled chicken may contain pieces of plastic
DULUTH, Ga. -- A Georgia food processing company has issued a recall for about 35,800 pounds of breaded chicken products that may contain pieces of plastic.
USDA officials Thursday announced the chicken was processed at Suzanna's Kitchen, based in Duluth.
The following products have been recalled: Cases of 12-ounce cartons of Freebird fully cooked chicken nuggets, with an identification code of 6220 and a sell-by date of March 15, 2014; 12-ounce cartons of Freebird fully cooked gluten-free and soy free chicken patties, with an identification code of 6224 and a sell-by date of Sept. 6, 2013; and 10-pound bulk cases of fully cooked chicken nuggets with an identification code of 6221 and a sell-by date of March 15, 2014.
USDA officials say the nuggets were also shipped to a distributor in California.
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 29 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos