Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers
DETROIT -- Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 209,000 FJ Cruiser SUVs because their front seatbelt retractors could fall off.
FJ Cruisers from the 2007 through 2013 model years are included in the recall.
Toyota said the driver and front passenger seatbelts are mounted on the vehicle's rear doors. If the doors are closed forcefully over a period of time, cracks can form in the door panel around the seatbelt retractor and the retractor can become detached.
Toyota said it has received no reports of injuries due to the defect.
Toyota said Friday that will notify owners soon by mail. The company will repair the vehicles for free.
toyota, product recalls, recalls
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 6 min ago
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016 15 min ago
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's 21 min ago
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
35 min ago