Safeway recalls angel food cake
Safeway is voluntarily recalling some of its angel food cake. Safeway says the label does not list soy and milk in the ingredients, which can cause serious allergies.
Here is the list of products with the indicated "sell by dates". These items were found in the bakery department only:
- Angel Food Cake (UPC# 2113010510) 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Holiday Decorated Angel Food Cake 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cups 4 Count 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Cake Angel Food Loaf 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/2/2013
The sell by date can be located on the product label or the white scale label. No illnesses or injuries have been reported.
The recalled Angel Food Cake products were sold in all Safeway, Carrs, Dominick's, Genuardi's, Pak 'N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons stores throughout the United States.
Customers are asked to discard the product or return it to their local store for a full refund.
Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-877-SAFEWAY.
safeway, food, recalls
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 8 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 41 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos