Safeway recalls angel food cake
Safeway is voluntarily recalling some of its angel food cake. Safeway says the label does not list soy and milk in the ingredients, which can cause serious allergies.
Here is the list of products with the indicated "sell by dates". These items were found in the bakery department only:
- Angel Food Cake (UPC# 2113010510) 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Holiday Decorated Angel Food Cake 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cups 4 Count 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Cake Angel Food Loaf 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped 9/1/13 to 10/2/2013
The sell by date can be located on the product label or the white scale label. No illnesses or injuries have been reported.
The recalled Angel Food Cake products were sold in all Safeway, Carrs, Dominick's, Genuardi's, Pak 'N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons stores throughout the United States.
Customers are asked to discard the product or return it to their local store for a full refund.
Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-877-SAFEWAY.
safeway, food, recalls
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
58 min ago