Hearing held on teaching kids about LGBT families
ALAMEDA, CA (KGO) -- On Monday night in Alameda, there was a second public hearing on a controversial plan to teach elementary school kids about same-sex families.
Lots of parents showed up to discuss a new school lesson that supporters say would cut down on anti-gay slurs and bullying.
LGBT Lesson #9 is the new curriculum that would include teaching elementary age students about same sex families, but opponents say the material is not age-appropriate.
The school board will make its decision on May 26.
Today's latest headlines | ABC7 News on your phone
Follow us on Twitter | Fan us on Facebook | Get our free widget
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 45 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 4 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos