Math team finishes second at Olympiad
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Three Bay Area girls are back home after an impressive second place overall finish at the Girls Math Olympiad in China.
The Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley sent a total of eight girls to china and the team won a total of five gold, one silver and a bronze medal.
A Chinese team took the overall gold.
A total of 48 teams from 10 countries competed in the event that emphasizes creative thinking.
competition, china, education
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind 14 min ago
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas 1 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Police position DUI checkpoints in...
1 min ago