Math team finishes second at Olympiad
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Three Bay Area girls are back home after an impressive second place overall finish at the Girls Math Olympiad in China.
The Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley sent a total of eight girls to china and the team won a total of five gold, one silver and a bronze medal.
A Chinese team took the overall gold.
A total of 48 teams from 10 countries competed in the event that emphasizes creative thinking.
competition, china, education
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose 39 min ago
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 19 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
19 min ago