Parents rally to save Concord school
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Concord parents concerned about threatened school closures staged another rally Friday. Several dozen parents, students and employees of Silverwood Elementary School held a demonstration to try and save their school.
Silverwood is one of seven schools the Mt. Diablo Unified School District is considering closing to trim $12 million from its budget.
A school board committee is expected to present its recommendations on Wednesday.
budget cuts, concord, education
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 14 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body