MC Hammer, Newsom team up to help community colleges
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A homegrown Bay Area music legend teamed up with a homegrown politician to help California's community colleges on Thursday.
MC Hammer and Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom took part in "Hands Across California" at City College of San Francisco. The statewide effort hopes to raise awareness of looming budget cuts across America's, largest community college system.
Three million students attend two-year schools in California. Hammer studied at Oakland's Laney College in his younger days.
gavin newsom, san francisco city college, education
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday