MC Hammer, Newsom team up to help community colleges
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A homegrown Bay Area music legend teamed up with a homegrown politician to help California's community colleges on Thursday.
MC Hammer and Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom took part in "Hands Across California" at City College of San Francisco. The statewide effort hopes to raise awareness of looming budget cuts across America's, largest community college system.
Three million students attend two-year schools in California. Hammer studied at Oakland's Laney College in his younger days.
gavin newsom, san francisco city college, education
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 20 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos