MC Hammer, Newsom team up to help community colleges
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A homegrown Bay Area music legend teamed up with a homegrown politician to help California's community colleges on Thursday.
MC Hammer and Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom took part in "Hands Across California" at City College of San Francisco. The statewide effort hopes to raise awareness of looming budget cuts across America's, largest community college system.
Three million students attend two-year schools in California. Hammer studied at Oakland's Laney College in his younger days.
gavin newsom, san francisco city college, education
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to City Hall 23 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit 34 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary 45 min ago
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos