18-year-old girl to graduate from college
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Like many 18 year olds this summer, Morgan Hunter of Palo Alto will graduate from school, but this teenager is a bit different. On Saturday, Morgan will graduate summa cum laude from Santa Clara University.
She began taking college classes as an eighth grader. She majored in classes like Latin and Greek, but also studied French, German, Japanese, Arabic, and Sanskrit. This year, she returned to her middle school to teach Latin. Morgan thinks skipping high school was a good move.
"I don't think I missed out on much. I often say that I think college is actually easier than high school. There isn't all that make work that you have to do in high school and you also don't have to worry so much about getting into a good college. So I've had more free time consistently than anyone I know who is going to high school," said Hunter.
And she isn't stopping there. She will attend graduate school at U.C. Berkeley next fall.
santa clara university, palo alto, education
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday