Berkeley, Stanford top schools according to report
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The University of California at Berkeley has been named the number two university in the world for academics according to the publication "Ranking of World Universities."
Harvard takes the top spot. Following UC Berkeley is Stanford at number three, then the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) at number four.
Cambridge University in the United Kingdom rounds out the study at number five.
The rankings are based on the quality of education offered as well as the faculty, the number of alumni and staff who have won the Nobel Prize, and how often university researchers are cited in publications.
The new report comes out July 29.
UC, uc berkeley, stanford university, education
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday