Four Bay Area schools win Blue Ribbon awards
Congratulations are in order to four Bay Area schools -- the government named them national Blue Ribbon schools.
There were 304 winners this year. The four local schools honored are James Leitch Elementary in Fremont, Peralta Elementary in Oakland, Ruskin Elementary in San Jose and Ulloa Elementary in San Francisco.
The Blue Ribbon award recognizes public and private schools for academic achievement while serving an economically disadvantaged student population.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos