Four Bay Area schools win Blue Ribbon awards
Congratulations are in order to four Bay Area schools -- the government named them national Blue Ribbon schools.
There were 304 winners this year. The four local schools honored are James Leitch Elementary in Fremont, Peralta Elementary in Oakland, Ruskin Elementary in San Jose and Ulloa Elementary in San Francisco.
The Blue Ribbon award recognizes public and private schools for academic achievement while serving an economically disadvantaged student population.
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 46 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
46 min ago