Four Bay Area schools win Blue Ribbon awards
Congratulations are in order to four Bay Area schools -- the government named them national Blue Ribbon schools.
There were 304 winners this year. The four local schools honored are James Leitch Elementary in Fremont, Peralta Elementary in Oakland, Ruskin Elementary in San Jose and Ulloa Elementary in San Francisco.
The Blue Ribbon award recognizes public and private schools for academic achievement while serving an economically disadvantaged student population.
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos