CSU students, professors stage walkouts over raises
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Professors, students and supporters at nearly every Cal State University campus will walk out of class Tuesday to call attention to stalled contract talks.
San Francisco State, Sonoma State, San Jose State and Cal State East Bay are taking part in the event. In the current state budget, professors were given a five percent pay raise that they would only get if state revenues met expectations. They have not done that, so the raise is now unlikely.
Faculty members have also voted to hold a day-long strike next Thursday.
CSU, budget cuts, california budget crisis, protest, education
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 3 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 39 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos