Santa Monica College offers core classes at premium
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KGO) -- College students have long complained that there are not enough spots for so-called "core courses."
Now, Santa Monica College in Southern California is offering extra sessions of these so-called high-demand classes, but they cost six times the normal rate. The standard fees are $36 per unit, but several math and English courses needed by almost every student will now cost $200 a unit.
Officials say it is necessary because of state funding cuts.
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos