California charter schools celebrate 20th anniversary
Today, charter schools across California are celebrating an incredible milestone.
Twenty-years-ago, history was made when Governor Pete Wilson signed the Charter School Act into law. The San Carlos Learning Center was one of the first charters to open in California and was not required to follow the state education code. Today, it's the longest running charter in California.
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center 55 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack 52 min ago
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade 41 min ago
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 7 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention...
55 min ago