In The Classroom
Reminder: Slow down in school zones
HOUSTON -- Back to school means school zones will be back in effect.
Officers with the East-Side Patrol Division will be out to remind drivers to keep their eye on school zone speed limits.
Like several law enforcement agencies, teaming with schools on the first day today officers will highlight the importance of slowing down in school zones. Make sure to get off the cell phones and drive with extra precautions around school buses.
Parents will also be schooled on keeping their children safe and away from strangers -- if their kids plan to walk or ride their bike to and from school.
Officers will be out beginning at 6am. The Harris County sheriff's office motorcycle unit will also be out, monitoring various school zones this morning, watch out for them. And of course, keep an eye out for any changing traffic patterns in your neighborhood.
in the classroom, sonia azad
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday