In The Classroom
Reminder: Slow down in school zones
HOUSTON -- Back to school means school zones will be back in effect.
Officers with the East-Side Patrol Division will be out to remind drivers to keep their eye on school zone speed limits.
Like several law enforcement agencies, teaming with schools on the first day today officers will highlight the importance of slowing down in school zones. Make sure to get off the cell phones and drive with extra precautions around school buses.
Parents will also be schooled on keeping their children safe and away from strangers -- if their kids plan to walk or ride their bike to and from school.
Officers will be out beginning at 6am. The Harris County sheriff's office motorcycle unit will also be out, monitoring various school zones this morning, watch out for them. And of course, keep an eye out for any changing traffic patterns in your neighborhood.
in the classroom, sonia azad
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 1 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos