Stanford alumni's companies would be 10th largest economy
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- If companies founded by Stanford University alumni formed an independent nation, it would be the 10th largest economy in the world.
Graduates of 'The Farm' have created an estimated 5.4 million jobs and generate annual revenues of nearly $3 trillion dollars.
California alone is home to 18,000 firms created by Stanford alumni.
The information comes from a study was done by two Stanford professors.
stanford university, education
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 35 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 30 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 27 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 13 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
35 min ago