Stanford alumni's companies would be 10th largest economy
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- If companies founded by Stanford University alumni formed an independent nation, it would be the 10th largest economy in the world.
Graduates of 'The Farm' have created an estimated 5.4 million jobs and generate annual revenues of nearly $3 trillion dollars.
California alone is home to 18,000 firms created by Stanford alumni.
The information comes from a study was done by two Stanford professors.
stanford university, education
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
29 min ago