UC Berkeley accepts 14,000 fall freshmen students
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- More than 14,000 new freshmen have been accepted to Cal Berkeley next year.
On Thursday the university released admission figures for the fall semester. A record-high number of applications were received this year, nearly 68,000.
Cal officials say the class has an average GPA of 3.9 and a diverse background.
More than 9,000 are from California and women represent about 54-percent of all admitted students.
uc berkeley, education
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 26 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 13 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday