UC Berkeley accepts 14,000 fall freshmen students
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- More than 14,000 new freshmen have been accepted to Cal Berkeley next year.
On Thursday the university released admission figures for the fall semester. A record-high number of applications were received this year, nearly 68,000.
Cal officials say the class has an average GPA of 3.9 and a diverse background.
More than 9,000 are from California and women represent about 54-percent of all admitted students.
uc berkeley, education
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case