Kindergartner reads 875 books in one school year
A Louisiana kindergartner is proving she's in a class by herself when it comes to reading.
Five-year-old Sophia Moss read a staggering 875 books this school year. Sophia loves to read so much that she's finished almost every book in the kindergarten and first grade section of her local library.
"We'd go back in her room and she'd be reading instead of sleeping," Sophia's dad Carl Moss said. "She just loves to read and she does it all the time."
Sophia's dad says they're now checking out a total of 20 books each week.
Sophia is now an author herself, she's just written a story about a turtle with super powers.
children, books, education
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 36 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday