Kindergartner reads 875 books in one school year
A Louisiana kindergartner is proving she's in a class by herself when it comes to reading.
Five-year-old Sophia Moss read a staggering 875 books this school year. Sophia loves to read so much that she's finished almost every book in the kindergarten and first grade section of her local library.
"We'd go back in her room and she'd be reading instead of sleeping," Sophia's dad Carl Moss said. "She just loves to read and she does it all the time."
Sophia's dad says they're now checking out a total of 20 books each week.
Sophia is now an author herself, she's just written a story about a turtle with super powers.
children, books, education
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 15 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 22 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide