CCSF holding annual convocation for faculty, staff
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- City College of San Francisco's annual convocation for faculty and staff to kick off the fall semester takes place Tuesday morning.
Instruction begins Wednesday at the main campus on Ocean Avenue under a cloud of uncertainty. Last month, the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges announced the school's accreditation will be terminated next July.
City College officials are fighting it and have put in a request for review, but the process could take months.
In the meantime, there's been a 13 percent drop in students registered for the fall semester.
san francisco city college, budget cuts, teachers, unions, tuition, education
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 8 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 53 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 28 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday