CCSF holding annual convocation for faculty, staff
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- City College of San Francisco's annual convocation for faculty and staff to kick off the fall semester takes place Tuesday morning.
Instruction begins Wednesday at the main campus on Ocean Avenue under a cloud of uncertainty. Last month, the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges announced the school's accreditation will be terminated next July.
City College officials are fighting it and have put in a request for review, but the process could take months.
In the meantime, there's been a 13 percent drop in students registered for the fall semester.
san francisco city college, budget cuts, teachers, unions, tuition, education
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos