SFMOMA celebrates 75th anniversary
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is celebrating a big anniversary with a show called "75 Years of Looking Forward."
About SFMOMA's 75th Anniversary:
On January 18, SFMOMA marks its 75th year as a pioneering force in art, locally and globally. To celebrate our anniversary, we present a series of exhibitions and events that illustrates the stories of the artists, collectors, cultural visionaries, and community leaders who founded, built, and have animated the museum.
A suite of exhibitions highlights the unique strengths of SFMOMA's collection and moments when the museum broke new ground, expanding the conventional wisdom of what an art museum should present and collect.
Related programs and events continue throughout the year. Join us for a yearlong celebration of the art and artists of our time.
For more information about the SFMOMA, visit www.sfmoma.org
museum exhibit, entertainment, don sanchez
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 5 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos