SFMOMA celebrates 75th anniversary
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is celebrating a big anniversary with a show called "75 Years of Looking Forward."
About SFMOMA's 75th Anniversary:
On January 18, SFMOMA marks its 75th year as a pioneering force in art, locally and globally. To celebrate our anniversary, we present a series of exhibitions and events that illustrates the stories of the artists, collectors, cultural visionaries, and community leaders who founded, built, and have animated the museum.
A suite of exhibitions highlights the unique strengths of SFMOMA's collection and moments when the museum broke new ground, expanding the conventional wisdom of what an art museum should present and collect.
Related programs and events continue throughout the year. Join us for a yearlong celebration of the art and artists of our time.
For more information about the SFMOMA, visit www.sfmoma.org
museum exhibit, entertainment, don sanchez
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday