Tommy Smothers to headline at comedy benefit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The annual San Francisco State University comedy night is coming up this weekend. Comedian Ronnie Schell has put together a group that includes Tim Conway, rich Little, Will Durst and Sonoma's own Tommy Smothers. The annual benefit raises money for athletic scholarships.
Seven legendary comics to star in benefit for SF State athletics
Comedian and San Francisco State University alumnus, Ronnie Schell brings comedy back to the SF State campus for the 10th Annual Comedy Night to benefit the San Francisco State Athletics Scholarship Endowment. The shows will be on Friday, February 26 and Saturday, February 27 (SOLD OUT!) at 7:30 p.m.
This year Ronnie has gathered an elite group of entertainers including legends Tim Conway, (Carol Burnett show, 5 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe), Rich Little, (Kopycats, Rich Little Show, Tonight Show), Tommy Smothers, (Smothers Brothers' Comedy Hour), Kevin Pollak (Usual Suspects, A Few Good Men, HBO), Will Durst, (Comedy Channel, NPR, C-Span, SF Chronicle) and Steve Rossi (Ed Sullivan Show, Howard Stern Show, and The Mexican).
Both evenings will be hosted by Ronnie Schell (Gomer Pyle, numerous appearances on Love Boat, Mork & Mindy, Dukes of Hazzard, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes and other classic TV comedies), and is produced by Ken Larson.
Tickets for the Saturday show are sold out and the Friday Show has just been added. Ticket prices are $35, $45, $70 and can be purchased by calling (415) 338-2467 Monday through Friday between Noon and 4 p.m. or online at creativearts.sfsu.edu.
For more information on Tommy Smothers and his winery, go to www.smothersbrothers.com
celebrity, san francisco state, entertainment, don sanchez
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 2 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 26 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday