Tommy Smothers to headline at comedy benefit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The annual San Francisco State University comedy night is coming up this weekend. Comedian Ronnie Schell has put together a group that includes Tim Conway, rich Little, Will Durst and Sonoma's own Tommy Smothers. The annual benefit raises money for athletic scholarships.
Seven legendary comics to star in benefit for SF State athletics
Comedian and San Francisco State University alumnus, Ronnie Schell brings comedy back to the SF State campus for the 10th Annual Comedy Night to benefit the San Francisco State Athletics Scholarship Endowment. The shows will be on Friday, February 26 and Saturday, February 27 (SOLD OUT!) at 7:30 p.m.
This year Ronnie has gathered an elite group of entertainers including legends Tim Conway, (Carol Burnett show, 5 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe), Rich Little, (Kopycats, Rich Little Show, Tonight Show), Tommy Smothers, (Smothers Brothers' Comedy Hour), Kevin Pollak (Usual Suspects, A Few Good Men, HBO), Will Durst, (Comedy Channel, NPR, C-Span, SF Chronicle) and Steve Rossi (Ed Sullivan Show, Howard Stern Show, and The Mexican).
Both evenings will be hosted by Ronnie Schell (Gomer Pyle, numerous appearances on Love Boat, Mork & Mindy, Dukes of Hazzard, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes and other classic TV comedies), and is produced by Ken Larson.
Tickets for the Saturday show are sold out and the Friday Show has just been added. Ticket prices are $35, $45, $70 and can be purchased by calling (415) 338-2467 Monday through Friday between Noon and 4 p.m. or online at creativearts.sfsu.edu.
For more information on Tommy Smothers and his winery, go to www.smothersbrothers.com
celebrity, san francisco state, entertainment, don sanchez
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 9 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 38 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos