Tommy Smothers to headline at comedy benefit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The annual San Francisco State University comedy night is coming up this weekend. Comedian Ronnie Schell has put together a group that includes Tim Conway, rich Little, Will Durst and Sonoma's own Tommy Smothers. The annual benefit raises money for athletic scholarships.
Seven legendary comics to star in benefit for SF State athletics
Comedian and San Francisco State University alumnus, Ronnie Schell brings comedy back to the SF State campus for the 10th Annual Comedy Night to benefit the San Francisco State Athletics Scholarship Endowment. The shows will be on Friday, February 26 and Saturday, February 27 (SOLD OUT!) at 7:30 p.m.
This year Ronnie has gathered an elite group of entertainers including legends Tim Conway, (Carol Burnett show, 5 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe), Rich Little, (Kopycats, Rich Little Show, Tonight Show), Tommy Smothers, (Smothers Brothers' Comedy Hour), Kevin Pollak (Usual Suspects, A Few Good Men, HBO), Will Durst, (Comedy Channel, NPR, C-Span, SF Chronicle) and Steve Rossi (Ed Sullivan Show, Howard Stern Show, and The Mexican).
Both evenings will be hosted by Ronnie Schell (Gomer Pyle, numerous appearances on Love Boat, Mork & Mindy, Dukes of Hazzard, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes and other classic TV comedies), and is produced by Ken Larson.
Tickets for the Saturday show are sold out and the Friday Show has just been added. Ticket prices are $35, $45, $70 and can be purchased by calling (415) 338-2467 Monday through Friday between Noon and 4 p.m. or online at creativearts.sfsu.edu.
For more information on Tommy Smothers and his winery, go to www.smothersbrothers.com
celebrity, san francisco state, entertainment, don sanchez
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 46 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 46 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 43 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 47 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed