Tommy Smothers to headline at comedy benefit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The annual San Francisco State University comedy night is coming up this weekend. Comedian Ronnie Schell has put together a group that includes Tim Conway, rich Little, Will Durst and Sonoma's own Tommy Smothers. The annual benefit raises money for athletic scholarships.
Seven legendary comics to star in benefit for SF State athletics
Comedian and San Francisco State University alumnus, Ronnie Schell brings comedy back to the SF State campus for the 10th Annual Comedy Night to benefit the San Francisco State Athletics Scholarship Endowment. The shows will be on Friday, February 26 and Saturday, February 27 (SOLD OUT!) at 7:30 p.m.
This year Ronnie has gathered an elite group of entertainers including legends Tim Conway, (Carol Burnett show, 5 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe), Rich Little, (Kopycats, Rich Little Show, Tonight Show), Tommy Smothers, (Smothers Brothers' Comedy Hour), Kevin Pollak (Usual Suspects, A Few Good Men, HBO), Will Durst, (Comedy Channel, NPR, C-Span, SF Chronicle) and Steve Rossi (Ed Sullivan Show, Howard Stern Show, and The Mexican).
Both evenings will be hosted by Ronnie Schell (Gomer Pyle, numerous appearances on Love Boat, Mork & Mindy, Dukes of Hazzard, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes and other classic TV comedies), and is produced by Ken Larson.
Tickets for the Saturday show are sold out and the Friday Show has just been added. Ticket prices are $35, $45, $70 and can be purchased by calling (415) 338-2467 Monday through Friday between Noon and 4 p.m. or online at creativearts.sfsu.edu.
For more information on Tommy Smothers and his winery, go to www.smothersbrothers.com
celebrity, san francisco state, entertainment, don sanchez
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 9 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
9 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
19 min ago