Penn slams those who question his Haiti aid
NEW YORK -- Sean Penn has strong words for those who think he's showing off with his aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
In an interview airing on this weekend's "Sunday Morning" on CBS, the outspoken actor says he hopes any cynic who dismisses his efforts as a star turn will "die screaming of rectal cancer."'
Penn has visited the devastated Caribbean nation accompanied by doctors and a U.S. businesswoman with whom he established a relief organization. He has brought water filters for distribution to villages and met with aid groups.
Besides raising funds, Penn says he has contributed his own money.
When asked how much, he replies with a laugh, "Enough that I'd better get a job soon."
earthquake, haiti, celebrity, entertainment
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 14 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 30 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 24 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 18 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos