Penn slams those who question his Haiti aid
NEW YORK -- Sean Penn has strong words for those who think he's showing off with his aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
In an interview airing on this weekend's "Sunday Morning" on CBS, the outspoken actor says he hopes any cynic who dismisses his efforts as a star turn will "die screaming of rectal cancer."'
Penn has visited the devastated Caribbean nation accompanied by doctors and a U.S. businesswoman with whom he established a relief organization. He has brought water filters for distribution to villages and met with aid groups.
Besides raising funds, Penn says he has contributed his own money.
When asked how much, he replies with a laugh, "Enough that I'd better get a job soon."
earthquake, haiti, celebrity, entertainment
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos