Penn slams those who question his Haiti aid
NEW YORK -- Sean Penn has strong words for those who think he's showing off with his aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
In an interview airing on this weekend's "Sunday Morning" on CBS, the outspoken actor says he hopes any cynic who dismisses his efforts as a star turn will "die screaming of rectal cancer."'
Penn has visited the devastated Caribbean nation accompanied by doctors and a U.S. businesswoman with whom he established a relief organization. He has brought water filters for distribution to villages and met with aid groups.
Besides raising funds, Penn says he has contributed his own money.
When asked how much, he replies with a laugh, "Enough that I'd better get a job soon."
earthquake, haiti, celebrity, entertainment
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 57 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 25 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 18 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 50 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos