Carrey, McCarthy announce split on Twitter
LOS ANGELES -- Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy have taken to Twitter to announce their breakup.
The two actors each tweeted Tuesday that they have ended their relationship after five years. Publicists for Carrey and McCarthy confirmed the split.
The 48-year-old Carrey says on the social networking Web site that he wishes her "the very best!"
The 37-year-old McCarthy tweeted that she "will always keep Jim as a leading man in my heart."
Both say they were grateful for the time they spent together.
McCarthy also tweeted that she would remain involved in his adult daughter's life.
celebrity breakup, twitter, entertainment
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos