Aussie's 'Top Model' host blurts out wrong name
SYDNEY -- The winner of "Australia's Next Top Model" gave a heartfelt acceptance speech in a live finale -- before the host realized she had announced the wrong name.
Host Sarah Murdoch on Tuesday night named 19-year-old Kelsey Martinovich the winner of season six of the Fox Television reality show.
Minutes later, her hand over her face, Murdoch made an awkward apology. The actual winner, as voted by television viewers, was 18-year-old Amanda Ware.
Murdoch said the wrong name was fed to her earpiece.
Martinovich was a good sport, hugging Ware and dismissing Murdoch's apologies.
The network said Wednesday that Martinovich will get 20,000 Australian dollars and a trip to New York -- which are also part of the winner's prize -- as compensation for the blunder.
fashion, television, reality television, entertainment
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO 31 min ago
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States 24 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 55 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show 24 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Light snow falls in Santa Cruz Mountains
5 min ago