Aussie's 'Top Model' host blurts out wrong name
SYDNEY -- The winner of "Australia's Next Top Model" gave a heartfelt acceptance speech in a live finale -- before the host realized she had announced the wrong name.
Host Sarah Murdoch on Tuesday night named 19-year-old Kelsey Martinovich the winner of season six of the Fox Television reality show.
Minutes later, her hand over her face, Murdoch made an awkward apology. The actual winner, as voted by television viewers, was 18-year-old Amanda Ware.
Murdoch said the wrong name was fed to her earpiece.
Martinovich was a good sport, hugging Ware and dismissing Murdoch's apologies.
The network said Wednesday that Martinovich will get 20,000 Australian dollars and a trip to New York -- which are also part of the winner's prize -- as compensation for the blunder.
fashion, television, reality television, entertainment
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 11 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers 54 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 48 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Crews search for survivors after Oklahoma...
21 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado survivors counting blessings
11 min ago