Aussie's 'Top Model' host blurts out wrong name
SYDNEY -- The winner of "Australia's Next Top Model" gave a heartfelt acceptance speech in a live finale -- before the host realized she had announced the wrong name.
Host Sarah Murdoch on Tuesday night named 19-year-old Kelsey Martinovich the winner of season six of the Fox Television reality show.
Minutes later, her hand over her face, Murdoch made an awkward apology. The actual winner, as voted by television viewers, was 18-year-old Amanda Ware.
Murdoch said the wrong name was fed to her earpiece.
Martinovich was a good sport, hugging Ware and dismissing Murdoch's apologies.
The network said Wednesday that Martinovich will get 20,000 Australian dollars and a trip to New York -- which are also part of the winner's prize -- as compensation for the blunder.
fashion, television, reality television, entertainment
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing 46 min ago
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos