Robin Williams visits troops in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan (KGO) -- San Francisco's own Robin Williams cracked some jokes for U.S. troops in Afghanistan on Friday as he entertained soldiers at Bagram Air Force Base in Kabul.
"Good morning Afghanistan! They have demonstrations and they always have pictures of a guy with a sign that says 'Obama's a Nazi' and even Hitler's like 'You have not read my book,'" said Williams to the troops.
This is Williams' fifth USO tour; he will spend seven days touring the country and entertaining troops for the holiday season.
Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong is also there supporting the troops.
afghanistan, afghanistan war, entertainment
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 52 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files lawsuit in SF over security breach 8 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos