Robin Williams visits troops in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan (KGO) -- San Francisco's own Robin Williams cracked some jokes for U.S. troops in Afghanistan on Friday as he entertained soldiers at Bagram Air Force Base in Kabul.
"Good morning Afghanistan! They have demonstrations and they always have pictures of a guy with a sign that says 'Obama's a Nazi' and even Hitler's like 'You have not read my book,'" said Williams to the troops.
This is Williams' fifth USO tour; he will spend seven days touring the country and entertaining troops for the holiday season.
Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong is also there supporting the troops.
afghanistan, afghanistan war, entertainment
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body