Cheryl Burke reveals abusive past in new book
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- The Bay Area's "Dancing With the Stars" celebrity, Cheryl Burke, is out with a new book, that includes some shocking revelations.
She reveals that, starting at the age of 5, she was repeatedly molested by a friend of her family's. She testified against him in court, helping send him to prison for nearly two decades.
The 26-year-old two-time champion also talks about abuse by two former boyfriends and other struggles. The book is called "Dancing Lessons," and excerpts of it are in the new People Magazine.
celebrity, television, dancing with the stars, ABC, entertainment
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire