Lohan begins serving sentence on house arrest
LOS ANGELES -- Lindsay Lohan has been fitted with an ankle monitor and will serve her sentence on house arrest rather than going to jail.
A sheriff's official says the 24-year-old starlet started serving her term Thursday after turning herself in at a jail facility just after 5 a.m.
Lohan was sentenced in April to 120 days in jail for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case by taking a necklace from a Venice jewelry store without permission. Lohan applied to serve house arrest, but the accommodation hadn't been finalized when she appeared in court earlier this month and pleaded no contest to misdemeanor grand theft.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says Lohan is expected to serve about 35 days of her sentence.
Whitmore says Lohan was cooperative when she turned herself in, and it took about an hour for her to be fingerprinted and booked. No new mugshot was taken.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests 15 min ago
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 32 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
28 min ago
- City College San Francisco protests lead to...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos