On the red carpet for "Cars 2" premiere
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KGO) -- I stood on the red carpet, make that the "race carpet," for the weekend Hollywood premiere of "Cars 2," the newest film from Emeryville's Pixar.
They closed off two blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and laid down carpeting that made it look like a race track. The stars walked that carpet. Owen Wilson, who voices Lightning McQueen, told me he used to go to films along that street and that it was pretty special to have a premiere there.
British comedian Eddie Izzard had just flown in from Paris. Larry the Cable Guy, who voices "Mater" brought his family.
Pixar head creator and director of the film, John Lasseter, who lives in Sonoma County, says a special app for his iPad let him work in his car during the one-hour drive to the Pixar headquarters. It is the only way the film could get made, he says. No, he was not driving.
Watch Don Sanchez's interviews with the stars of the film in the video player above.
ABC7 and Pixar are part of the Walt Disney Company.
hollywood, movies, entertainment, don sanchez
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 46 min ago
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 44 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Burlingame restaurant to stop serving lion meat dish
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos