On the red carpet for "Cars 2" premiere
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KGO) -- I stood on the red carpet, make that the "race carpet," for the weekend Hollywood premiere of "Cars 2," the newest film from Emeryville's Pixar.
They closed off two blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and laid down carpeting that made it look like a race track. The stars walked that carpet. Owen Wilson, who voices Lightning McQueen, told me he used to go to films along that street and that it was pretty special to have a premiere there.
British comedian Eddie Izzard had just flown in from Paris. Larry the Cable Guy, who voices "Mater" brought his family.
Pixar head creator and director of the film, John Lasseter, who lives in Sonoma County, says a special app for his iPad let him work in his car during the one-hour drive to the Pixar headquarters. It is the only way the film could get made, he says. No, he was not driving.
Watch Don Sanchez's interviews with the stars of the film in the video player above.
ABC7 and Pixar are part of the Walt Disney Company.
hollywood, movies, entertainment, don sanchez
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 6 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos