On the red carpet for "Cars 2" premiere
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KGO) -- I stood on the red carpet, make that the "race carpet," for the weekend Hollywood premiere of "Cars 2," the newest film from Emeryville's Pixar.
They closed off two blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and laid down carpeting that made it look like a race track. The stars walked that carpet. Owen Wilson, who voices Lightning McQueen, told me he used to go to films along that street and that it was pretty special to have a premiere there.
British comedian Eddie Izzard had just flown in from Paris. Larry the Cable Guy, who voices "Mater" brought his family.
Pixar head creator and director of the film, John Lasseter, who lives in Sonoma County, says a special app for his iPad let him work in his car during the one-hour drive to the Pixar headquarters. It is the only way the film could get made, he says. No, he was not driving.
Watch Don Sanchez's interviews with the stars of the film in the video player above.
ABC7 and Pixar are part of the Walt Disney Company.
hollywood, movies, entertainment, don sanchez
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 44 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 44 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 43 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 51 min ago