Aretha Franklin sings her way out of parking ticket
What do you do if you're Aretha Franklin and you're about to get a parking ticket? You sing your way out of it.
The Queen of Soul was out to dinner in New York City earlier this week and as she was returning to her car, she noticed a parking officer about to give her a ticket. It turns out her car was illegally parked but Franklin serenaded the officer and got out of the ticket.
By the way, she also autographed an envelope for the officer.
celebrity, celebrity crime, crime, music, entertainment
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 32 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos