Aretha Franklin sings her way out of parking ticket
What do you do if you're Aretha Franklin and you're about to get a parking ticket? You sing your way out of it.
The Queen of Soul was out to dinner in New York City earlier this week and as she was returning to her car, she noticed a parking officer about to give her a ticket. It turns out her car was illegally parked but Franklin serenaded the officer and got out of the ticket.
By the way, she also autographed an envelope for the officer.
celebrity, celebrity crime, crime, music, entertainment
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 13 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 42 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday