Southwest: Situation with Green Day singer 'resolved'
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Southwest Airlines says it has resolved an incident involving Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong over an incident that took place Thursday.
Armstrong sent a tweet on Thursday saying "Just got kicked off a Southwest flight because my pants sagged too low...no joke!"
Armstrong was trying to fly from Oakland to Burbank. Cindy Qiu, an associate producer for ABC7's "7 Live" was on-board the flight and witnessed the incident involving Armstrong.
"A flight attendant approaches him and says, 'pull your pants up,'" Qiu said by phone on Friday. "He says, 'don't you have better thing to do than worry about that?' and then the flight attendant says again, 'pull your pants up or you're getting off the plane.'"
Southwest Airlines spokesman Brad Hawkins released a statement Saturday morning.
"We reached out to apologize," the statement read. "We followed up...and understand from the customer the situation was resolved to his satisfaction."
Southwest Airlines says Armstrong was allowed onto the next flight from Burbank and said he had no further complaints.
oakland, celebrity, southwest airlines, fashion, entertainment
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 44 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 26 min ago
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
34 min ago