ABC7 Special: The Magic of Cirque
The splendor of imagination, the strength of body, and the power of dreams. ABC7 takes you behind the scenes at Cirque du Soleil!
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire 30-minute special here
You can also watch the show by segments. See below for more information.
Leigh Glaser goes inside Cirque du Soleil's innovative International Headquarters, a laboratory of science, physiology, and art. Artists share how they realized their dreams of performing for Cirque and rehearse high-flying stunts in the state-of-the-art gymnasium.
>> VIDEO: Intro to the IHQ & Meet the Artists
Clowns & Make-up Cirque's clown specialist explains how the artists fine-tune the funny. Leigh gets transformed into a dazzling Cirque character through elaborate stage make-up.
>> VIDEO: Clowns & Make-up
Fabrics and textiles start as white canvases and are exquisitely crafted into colorful costumes that electrify the stage. See how the entire process unfolds in the headquarters.
>> VIDEO: Costumes
The story of human evolution is told through exciting acrobatics, multimedia effects, and breathtaking stunts in Cirque du Soleil's newest show "Totem." Leigh heads under the big tent for backstage secrets and a breathtaking preview.
>> VIDEO: "Totem"
entertainment, leigh glaser
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday