Academy of Art puts classic cars on display
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the most extensive and lavish car collections in the country is in San Francisco. The collection is part of the Academy of Art University and it's open to the public.
The Academy of Art University Automobile Museum has well over 100 classic cars on display, meant to encourage and inspire future car designers by connecting them to the past.
You don't have to be a student to take in the sights of the classic cars. The museum is open to the public twice a week by appointment on their website, AcademyAutoMuseum.org.
To see the classic cars available for view, check out Don Sanchez's story by clicking the video above.
art, entertainment, don sanchez
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos