Oscar.com kicks off Oscar season with exclusive Billy Crystal video
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- The Academy Awards and ABC Entertainment on Tuesday launched a website for the Oscar season, with an exclusive video of host Billy Crystal.
The website will feature live streams, behind-the-scene access, exclusive videos, photos and insider commentary, the Academy said in a press release.
"Last year, our team set the bar high in terms of interactive second screen experiences," said Karin Gilford, senior vice president of ABC.com Digital Media, in a statement. "This year we are taking the best of what we learned and are building on it."
Oscar.com has an interactive timeline and an official blog, which features red-carpet fashion trends and tips from chefs on hosting the best Oscar viewing parties.
Make your own Oscar picks:
As soon as the nominations are announced on Jan. 24, "My Oscar Picks" will go live. This interactive play-along game offers fans a chance to test their Oscar prediction skills. On Oscar Sunday, users will have the opportunity to play along during the telecast and predict category winners ahead of the opening of the envelopes.
Upcoming features planned:
On January 29, "Oscar Buzz" kicks off "Oscar Talks," a four-part video series focusing on the Actor, Actress, Directing and Best Pictures categories.
Entertainment Weekly's Dave Karger returns on February 1 to Oscar.com with "Nominated... with Dave Karger." The 10-episode series will provide the ultimate film buff's analysis of the Best Picture race.
It's all glamour and glitz beginning February 11. "Best Dressed" launches with Rachel Smith, host of "On the Red Carpet" (a KABC-TV production), doing interviews with stylists, makeup artists and hair stylists, as well as covering live events, and of course, offering post-show analysis of Oscar Night fashion.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented on Feb. 26 on ABC7. Oscar.com will have live cameras on the red carpet, backstage and at the Governors Ball, and the live streams will also be available on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Disney is the parent company of ABC Entertainment, OnTheRedCarpet.com and KABC-TV
academy awards, award shows, celebrity, movies, entertainment
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall 52 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 59 min ago
- Blogger mom finds stolen photos on pornography site 39 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge 49 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Blogger mom finds stolen photos on...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos