Oscar.com kicks off Oscar season with exclusive Billy Crystal video
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- The Academy Awards and ABC Entertainment on Tuesday launched a website for the Oscar season, with an exclusive video of host Billy Crystal.
The website will feature live streams, behind-the-scene access, exclusive videos, photos and insider commentary, the Academy said in a press release.
"Last year, our team set the bar high in terms of interactive second screen experiences," said Karin Gilford, senior vice president of ABC.com Digital Media, in a statement. "This year we are taking the best of what we learned and are building on it."
Oscar.com has an interactive timeline and an official blog, which features red-carpet fashion trends and tips from chefs on hosting the best Oscar viewing parties.
Make your own Oscar picks:
As soon as the nominations are announced on Jan. 24, "My Oscar Picks" will go live. This interactive play-along game offers fans a chance to test their Oscar prediction skills. On Oscar Sunday, users will have the opportunity to play along during the telecast and predict category winners ahead of the opening of the envelopes.
Upcoming features planned:
On January 29, "Oscar Buzz" kicks off "Oscar Talks," a four-part video series focusing on the Actor, Actress, Directing and Best Pictures categories.
Entertainment Weekly's Dave Karger returns on February 1 to Oscar.com with "Nominated... with Dave Karger." The 10-episode series will provide the ultimate film buff's analysis of the Best Picture race.
It's all glamour and glitz beginning February 11. "Best Dressed" launches with Rachel Smith, host of "On the Red Carpet" (a KABC-TV production), doing interviews with stylists, makeup artists and hair stylists, as well as covering live events, and of course, offering post-show analysis of Oscar Night fashion.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented on Feb. 26 on ABC7. Oscar.com will have live cameras on the red carpet, backstage and at the Governors Ball, and the live streams will also be available on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Disney is the parent company of ABC Entertainment, OnTheRedCarpet.com and KABC-TV
academy awards, award shows, celebrity, movies, entertainment
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 31 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 33 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday