Assange to be guest star on "The Simpsons"
The creator of Wikileaks is set to play himself on an episode of "The Simpsons."
Julian Assange will have a brief role playing a neighbor of the family -- after the move out of Springfield to a remote area. Assange recorded his lines remotely from Britain where he's under house arrest while he appeals his extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault charges.
Assange was heavily criticized in 2010 when Wikileaks published thousands of leaked diplomatic cables that embarrassed the U.S. and some of its allies.
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 1 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 9 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos