Assange to be guest star on "The Simpsons"
The creator of Wikileaks is set to play himself on an episode of "The Simpsons."
Julian Assange will have a brief role playing a neighbor of the family -- after the move out of Springfield to a remote area. Assange recorded his lines remotely from Britain where he's under house arrest while he appeals his extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault charges.
Assange was heavily criticized in 2010 when Wikileaks published thousands of leaked diplomatic cables that embarrassed the U.S. and some of its allies.
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke near Candlestick 9 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos