'Destry Rides Again' opening in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A group of young performers is headed back to the old west in the musical "Destry Rides Again," which opens Saturday.
"Destry Rides Again" is performed by talented young people in the San Francisco Art Education project, a musical theatre company all about diversity and opportunity.
It becomes a path of discovery, change, and responsibility. San Francisco Art Education brings music, dance, and performance to 27 public schools year-round. There is a summer program in which 47 students are selected to be players based on talent and commitment. It becomes a life-changing experience.
The performances for three weekends will help finance the San Francisco Arts Education Project to bring opportunities for future generations
music, entertainment, don sanchez
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday