Oscars flown from Chicago to LA
CHICAGO (KGO) -- Passengers on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Los Angeles got a little something extra with their trip - a golden star sighting.
Oscar, as in the Academy Awards statuette -- got a boarding pass at Chicago's Ohare airport. it made the trip to LA alongside the film academy president.
The crew, passengers and even vendors had a chance to get up close with the treasured Hollywood award.
Altogether, 42 of the trophies were on the flight, but, two rode in the first class cabin.
academy awards, entertainment
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 10 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 13 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed