Oscars flown from Chicago to LA
CHICAGO (KGO) -- Passengers on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Los Angeles got a little something extra with their trip - a golden star sighting.
Oscar, as in the Academy Awards statuette -- got a boarding pass at Chicago's Ohare airport. it made the trip to LA alongside the film academy president.
The crew, passengers and even vendors had a chance to get up close with the treasured Hollywood award.
Altogether, 42 of the trophies were on the flight, but, two rode in the first class cabin.
academy awards, entertainment
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael 4 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 1 min ago
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- Facebook to join S&P 500 10 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago 10 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San...
4 min ago