War Horse play coming to Curran Theater
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- War Horse, nominated for best picture at the Oscars, is based on an award-winning play that is coming to the Curran Theater in August.
The play is the powerful story of Joey, a horse enlisted to fight in World War I. It is unique in its innovative staging. Joey is actually a puppet.
The puppet is controlled by three puppeteers. It's made mostly of cane that has been shaped and bent. It is 10 feet long, 8 feet tall and weighs 120 pounds.
academy awards, entertainment, don sanchez
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 48 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday