War Horse play coming to Curran Theater
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- War Horse, nominated for best picture at the Oscars, is based on an award-winning play that is coming to the Curran Theater in August.
The play is the powerful story of Joey, a horse enlisted to fight in World War I. It is unique in its innovative staging. Joey is actually a puppet.
The puppet is controlled by three puppeteers. It's made mostly of cane that has been shaped and bent. It is 10 feet long, 8 feet tall and weighs 120 pounds.
academy awards, entertainment, don sanchez
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 57 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car 55 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos