War Horse play coming to Curran Theater
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- War Horse, nominated for best picture at the Oscars, is based on an award-winning play that is coming to the Curran Theater in August.
The play is the powerful story of Joey, a horse enlisted to fight in World War I. It is unique in its innovative staging. Joey is actually a puppet.
The puppet is controlled by three puppeteers. It's made mostly of cane that has been shaped and bent. It is 10 feet long, 8 feet tall and weighs 120 pounds.
academy awards, entertainment, don sanchez
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 57 min ago
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders 54 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos