Mickey Hart collaborates with Alonzo King Ballet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Former Grateful Dead drummer and Rock and Roll Hall of famer Mickey Hart has become involved in a new creative endeavor. He is joining with choreographer Alonzo King in a new piece for the LINES Ballet's home season.
You can catch the ballet and rock all in one place. Alonzo King LINES Ballet spring season goes until April 24 at the Novellus Theater, Yerba Buena Center. The Hart-scored piece opens April 15.
Mickey Hart has a new CD out Tuesday April 10 called "Mysterium Tremendum."
music, entertainment, don sanchez
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 17 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 41 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday