Mickey Hart collaborates with Alonzo King Ballet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Former Grateful Dead drummer and Rock and Roll Hall of famer Mickey Hart has become involved in a new creative endeavor. He is joining with choreographer Alonzo King in a new piece for the LINES Ballet's home season.
You can catch the ballet and rock all in one place. Alonzo King LINES Ballet spring season goes until April 24 at the Novellus Theater, Yerba Buena Center. The Hart-scored piece opens April 15.
Mickey Hart has a new CD out Tuesday April 10 called "Mysterium Tremendum."
music, entertainment, don sanchez
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5 51 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 6 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
46 min ago
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos