Mickey Hart collaborates with Alonzo King Ballet
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Former Grateful Dead drummer and Rock and Roll Hall of famer Mickey Hart has become involved in a new creative endeavor. He is joining with choreographer Alonzo King in a new piece for the LINES Ballet's home season.
You can catch the ballet and rock all in one place. Alonzo King LINES Ballet spring season goes until April 24 at the Novellus Theater, Yerba Buena Center. The Hart-scored piece opens April 15.
Mickey Hart has a new CD out Tuesday April 10 called "Mysterium Tremendum."
music, entertainment, don sanchez
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 6 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday